Pharmacy Fellow (PGY2)
Children's Hospital Central California offers a one-year-long intensive care fellowship designed to provide the pharmacist with training in the focused area of critical care pediatric clinical pharmacy. In addition to gaining a comprehensive understanding of the global aspects of pharmaceutical care in the ICU, the fellowship also emphasizes an intensive research project. For this component, the fellow will work closely with the intensive care physicians to develop and complete a research study suitable for presentation and publication.
Period of Appointment: Twelve months
Health Benefits: Fellow entitled to full health benefits. Plans to be selected upon arrival.
Weekend Staffing: Fellow required to staff the intensive care satellite pharmacy two weekends a month once distribution training is complete.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Attend intensive care unit rounds and provide drug information.
- Identify a research project related to intensive care, propose it to the hospital Investigational Review Board, carry out the study, and ultimately present and publish the study.
- Actively participate in ongoing intensive care research studies as well as any studies initiated during the fellowship.
- Assist in pharmacy and therapeutics activities that relate to intensive care therapeutics.
- Provide distributive support (staffing and dispensing)
Rotations: Distribution/Staffing, Neonatal Intensive Care, Pediatric Intensive Care, Poison Center, Emergency Department, Administration
Application Requirements (due by January 15th):
- At least one year of hospital pharmacy experience is preferred and/or a residency with a pediatric emphasis.
- Must have a California State Board of Pharmacy License (or obtain license within two months of starting fellowship).
- Completed application for employment (available online)
- Letter of Intent
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official school of pharmacy transcripts
- Be available for interview (January/February)
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
Pharmacy Fellow (PGY2) for 2012-2013
Dr. Jacqueline Schnee was born and raised in Fresno, California. She was a Smittcamp Family Honors Scholar at California State University, Fresno where she obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology and a minor in Chemistry in 2008. She continued on to pursue her Doctor of Pharmacy degree from the Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences at the University of the Pacific. After graduation in May 2011, she moved to Denver, Colorado to complete her PGY-1 pharmacy practice residency at Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center and the Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children. Her love for pediatrics, critical, and emergency care brought her back home to complete a PGY-2 Fellowship here at Children’s Hospital Central California. Dr. Schnee’s research project for this year focuses on post-operative antibiotic use in pediatric heart patients. Outside of her professional interests, Jackie enjoys any and all outdoor activities, cooking, and spending time with her family. Dr. Schnee is looking forward to the challenging and exciting year ahead.
Questions regarding the programs can be directed to:
Wenee Liu Lopez, Pharm.D.
Pharmacy Residency Director
Pharmacy Student Coordinator
Pediatric Clinical Pharmacist
(559) 353 5522
(559) 353 5515 (fax)