27th Anniversary Kids Day - Volunteers
Calling all Kids Day volunteers! It's time to sign up for Kids Day 2014. This year’s challenge is to raise $485,000 on Tuesday, March 4. Talk to your team leaders and get ready for the fun. Thousands of volunteers in six counties will hit the streets to sell special $1 editions of The Fresno Bee.
2014 Kids Day Ambassador Mateo Escobar - Read his storyPre-sale Order Form
Schedule and Sales Instructions
- Newspapers may be sold from 6:00 a.m. through 3:00 p.m. Newspapers are $1.00 each.
- Beginning at 5:30 a.m., newspapers and aprons may be obtained from your chosen distribution site.
- The latest newspapers can be checked out is 2:00 p.m.
- By 3:30 p.m., all money and any unsold newspapers must be returned to the site where you picked up your papers (Please do not give your money or papers to anyone other than an individual at the site where you picked them up).
- A maximum of 100 papers per individual or 500 papers per team may be checked out at any one time. Feel free to sell more papers! Just return the money collected from your previous sales and check out additional papers.
- Corners are on a first come - first served basis. If volunteer coverage is sufficient in a particular area, please move to another area to enhance coverage. Remember, we’re all united for the same cause, the kids at Children’s Hospital!
- Checks should be payable to: Children’s Hospital Central California Foundation, or “CHCCF”. An individual’s check serves as a receipt. If they should ask for a receipt, please give them a pre-signed receipt that can be obtained when you check out your papers.
- If a donor tells you to “keep the change”, thank them on behalf of the children and add it to the money you’ve collected.
Sales and Safety Instructions
- Please wear your Kids Day Apron, glow necklace and/or light colored clothing so you can easily be seen by drivers.
- No papers are to be sold from median islands. All sales must be made from the sidewalk.
- Sales are permitted from right hand curbs and corners.
- Please do not step off the curb to sell!
- Do not walk in front of traffic to sell! The normal flow of traffic must not be interrupted.
- Sales may take place only when the traffic is stopped!
- Do not reach into cars with money or change in hand, as you run the risk of having someone try to take it.
- Do not make change for $100 bills. Suggest customers get change from a nearby bank or convenience store.
- When the light turns green, please remain still. Should prospective customers try to get your attention, please motion them to “move on.”
- Papers may not be sold on any freeway (i.e., 41 & 99) highway (i.e., Golden State Blvd.), or the on/off ramps to/from the freeways/highways.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Be respectful and courteous to all drivers and fellow volunteers.
- Follow the instructions of safety monitors and your team leader. Team Leaders--you are responsible for the conduct of your volunteers!
- Volunteers that do not follow safety instructions, will be asked to stop selling Kids Day papers immediately.
Thank you to our sponsors:
ABC 30, The Fresno Bee, Resource Lenders, Table Mountain Casino, Arthur J. Gallagher, Ahart Insurance Services, Westech Systems, Inc., Med-Trans, Wild Electric, Inc.
Thank you for helping the kids! And, remember… SELL SAFELY!
Site A - Fresno
911 “H” Street
Site B – Fresno
3131 N. Fresno @ Shields
Site C - Fresno
5544 N. Fresno @ Barstow
Site D - Fresno
815 E. Nees @ Bond (Near First)
Site E - Fresno
1709 W. Bullard @ West
Site F - Fresno - La Comida Guild
2874 W. Acacia (South of Shaw & Marks)
Site G - CSU Fresno
Joyal Administration Bldg. (East side at Maple & Shaw)
Site H - Fresno City College
Office of College Activities, 1101 University
Site I - Fresno North
8420 N. Friant Rd (Friant & Fresno)
Site J - Clovis
1233 5th Street (4th & Russell)
Site K - Coalinga
555 E. Elm Ave.
Site L - Chowchilla - Tenaya Guild
Small Wonders Preschool
315 Kings Ave.
Site M - Dinuba
496 E. Tulare
Site N - Dos Palos
Dos Palos High School FFA
1701 E. Blossom Street
Site O - Firebaugh
Home of BJ & Carol Diedrich
1402 “R” Street
Site P - Hanford - Kings Guild
St. Rose – McCarthy School McHugh Hall
1000 N. Harris Street (Florinda & Douty)
Site Q - Kerman
Home of DeEtta Gallagher
430 S. Third Street
Site R - Kingsburg
Kingsburg City Hall
1401 Draper Street
Site S - Los Banos
333 7th Street
Site T – Madera – Alegria Guild
800 Madera Ave.
Site U - Mariposa
5108 Hwy 140
Site V - Merced
3550 "G" Street
Site W - Oakhurst
40061 Hwy 49
Site X - Porterville
108 E. Morton
Site Y - Reedley
Reedley College, 995 N Reed Ave.
Parking Lot “C”
Site Z - Sanger - Sequoia Guild
Sanger Chamber of Commerce
1789 Jensen Ave., Ste. B
Site A A - Selma
Selma High School Cafeteria
3125 Wright Street
Site B B - Tulare
State Farm Insurance
1635 E. Prosperity Ave.
Site C C - Visalia
Wells Fargo Bank
414 W. Main Street
Site W W – Coarsegold
35297 Highway 41