Neurology Testing Center
Unmatched in its ability to provide pediatric neurodiagnostics, Children’s Neurology Testing Center provides comprehensive screening and diagnostic assessments of children with suspected or confirmed neurological disorders including stroke, headaches and migraines, suspected or known seizures, head trauma, tic disorders and behavior problems (breath holding spells, etc.). We provide inpatient and outpatient neurodiagnostics to neonates, children and adolescents (up to age 18). About half of our referrals are from referring physicians in the community.
The Center’s multidisciplinary team of highly trained medical professionals – with access to state-of-the-art diagnostic technology and comprehensive screenings – conducts over 2,300 EEGs annually. Our services are provided in accordance with established hospital Standards of Care and Standards of Practice, along with guidelines of the American Electroencephalographic Society and the American Society of Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists.
Credentialed Care Team
In addition to our pediatric neurologists, the Neurology Testing Center is staffed by highly-trained, registered electroneurodiagnostic technologists and registered nurses.
Services Offered & Conditions Treated
- Electroencephalography (EEG):
- Routine EEG
- Ambulatory EEG
- Inpatient and outpatient video EEG
- Evoked Potentials (including auditory, visual and somatosensory studies)
- Intraoperative monitoring
- Wada Procedures
- Conducting accurate neurodiagnostics using communication skills and “kid friendly” techniques to elicit cooperation from pediatric patients.
- The Neurology Testing Center utilizes technologically advanced digital equipment allowing our highly-skilled electroneurodiagnostic technologist to customize the study and obtain reliable data for our pediatric neurologist.
Physician Referral Guidelines
Pediatric Neurology Referral Guidelines
- Neurology: Collaborates with our pediatric neurologists to provide neurodiagnostic services for children with:
- Suspected or known seizures
- Headaches and migraines
- Head trauma
- Tic Disorders
- Behavior problems due to a neurological disorder
- Neurosurgery: Works closely with our pediatric neurosurgeons to provide neurodiagnostic services for:
- Patients with Hydrocephalus
- Auto accident patients
- Neuropsychology: Provides diagnostic testing support for pediatric patients with:
- Intractable seizures
- Intraoperative monitoring during scoliosis surgery.
- Charlie Mitchell Children's Clinic (Complex Primary Care):
- Provides neurodiagnostics for patients with complex medical issues.
- Genetic Medicine & Metabolism:
- Provides support in diagnosing the cause of neurological conditions that are caused by metabolic, genetic or chromosomal abnormalities.